Your air conditioner’s air filter cleans the air coming into your home to help keep you and your family comfortable and healthy. Over time, however, the filter becomes clogged with dirt, dust, and other debris that can limit its effectiveness. Learn how to clean your AC filters quickly and easily so you can enjoy cleaner, healthier air in your home. Follow this step-by-step process:
- Turn off the unit before cleaning the air filter. If you don’t, then your hands may get caught in the fan blades and you could be injured. If you have a remote, turn the unit off from there. Otherwise, turn the unit off by pressing the power button on the air conditioner.
- Remove the air filter from the unit. Removing the air filter is easy. Simply pull the air filter cover out and remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Vacuum the filter. Give the filter a quick shake to remove any loose dust, then remove more stubborn matter by using your vacuum cleaner hose on low power. Use a wand attachment to get between the spaces of the air filter.
- Rinse the filter. Thoroughly rinse the air filter under clean water. Shake off excess water and set the air filter on a clean surface. Allow drying for 6 to 8 hours or until dry to the touch before reinstalling.
Contact the Leading HVAC Contractor in Broward & Miami-Dade
Are you getting your air conditioning system ready for the warm season? While there are maintenance tasks you can do on your own, more complex tasks should be left to the pros. Save your money and hire the leading HVAC contractor in your local area to maintain your air conditioner. Spring is here which means it’s time to get your central AC into shape for summer. If you haven’t scheduled maintenance for your AC unit, here are a few reasons why it’s worth doing while the weather is still mild.
- Prevent emergency breakdowns in summer
- Extend the life of your AC unit
- Avoid high energy bills
- Protect your warranty
What are you waiting for? Book an AC maintenance service today and enjoy cleaner, healthier indoor air at home. Call now!